In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
99. And he said (after his rescue from the fire): “Verily, I am going to my Lord. He will guide me!”
100. “My Lord! Grant me (offspring) from the righteous.”
101. So We gave him the glad tidings of a forbearing boy.
102. And, when he (his son) was old enough to walk with him, he said: “O my son! I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering you (offer you in sacrifice to Allâh), so look what you think!” He said: “O my father! Do that which you are commanded, Inshâ’ Allâh (if Allâh will), you shall find me of As-Sâbirin (the patient ones, etc.).”
103. Then, when they had both submitted themselves (to the Will of Allâh), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (or on the side of his forehead for slaughtering);
104. And We called out to him: “O Abraham!
105. You have fulfilled the dream (vision)!” Verily! Thus do We reward the Muhsinûn (good-doers – see V.2:112).
106. Verily, that indeed was a manifest trial
107. And We ransomed him with a great sacrifice (i.e. ßÈÔ – a ram);
108. And We left for him (a goodly remembrance) among generations (to come) in later times.
109. Salâmun (peace) be upon Ibrâhim (Abraham)!”
110. Thus indeed do We reward the Muhsinûn (good-doers – see V.2:112).
Sura 37. As-Saffaat (Those Arranged in Ranks)